If you are interested in the medical conditions that affect older patients, consider applying to the Online Master of Science in Geriatric Dentistry. This program is a unique and innovative opportunity for practicing dentists who want to learn more about a wide variety of issues, focusing on the unique dental needs of older adult patients within the context of their medical, psycho-social and physical conditions.
- Students can continue to work in their practices while in the program
- The program includes 17 courses (30.5 credits) and is designed for both US and International students
- The program is 37 months in length, beginning in May and ending in June
- Tuition, which is adjusted annually, is currently $1,800/credit; it does not need to be paid all at once and we offer payment plans and financial aid to those to qualify
- Students typically can work on the program on evenings or weekends
- The program includes 2-3 weekly streaming video lectures, 1 live weekly video conference and online quizzes
- The program includes a capstone project, in which students–with faculty guidance–prepare and present a research paper (usually a systematic review) on a topic in orofacial pain, oral medicine or dental sleep medicine.
- The program is primarily online but also includes practical training conducted during two summer sessions at the Dr. Roseann Mulligan Special Patients Clinic
- The program does not provide a stipend